Hot Melt Glue Carton Sealing Machine
The hot melt glue carton sealing machine targets full overlap or partial overlap seal end boxes, as shown in the following figures:
Such FOSE (full overlap seal end) or POSE (partial overlap seal end) boxes are widely visible in the following industries:
This machine is suitable for sealing small quantities of multi-sized seal end cartons.
Compared with manual box sealing, it increases packaging speed and reduces labor costs.
2 types of hot melt glue box sealing machines are selectable for you.
Continuous motion hot melt glue box sealing machines seal each FOSE (full overlap seal end) or POSE (partial overlap seal end) box quickly, without any pause in the sealing process.
To achieve continuous glue application without stopping:
One type of hot melt glue box sealing machine introduces a 360° rotation gear;
Another type of machine works with an external hot melt adhesive applicator.
Internal 360° Rotation Gear Glue Applicator
The video below shows such a hot melt glue box sealing machine’s workflow.
As you can see from the above video:
A 360° rotation gear continuously dips hot melt adhesive from the glue tank, then contacts the carton’s outer closure panel to apply the adhesive.
After the outer closure panel is folded by a thin cylindrical guide rod and squeezed by a pressure plate, it sticks to the inner closure panel.
External Hot Melt Adhesive Applicator
This hot melt glue box sealing machine needs to cooperate with an external adhesive applicator.
After you watch the above video, you will see the external hot melt adhesive applicator and the glue nozzle.
When the photoelectric eye detects a box passing by, the glue nozzle instantly sprays hot melt adhesive onto the inner closure panel of the carton.
Then an arc-shaped plate folds the outer closure panel into contact with the inner closure panel and squeezes both panels, thus the hot melt glue bonds the inner and outer closure panels together.
How to Choose?
Please refer to the table below to decide which continuous motion hot melt glue carton sealing machine to purchase.
|Internal 360° Rotation Gear Glue Applicator
|External Hot Melt Adhesive Applicator
|Glue Consumption Control
Intermittent motion hot melt glue carton sealing machines adopt an up-and-down lifting glue applicator.
Each sealing process for the following seal end carton must wait for a lifting cycle.
The machine consists of the following components:
- Carton Feeding Conveyor
- Gluing Device
- Closure Panel Folding Unit
- Carton Outputting Cylinder
- Electric Cabinet
After workers fold the dust flaps of the seal end cartons and put them into the carton feeding conveyor, automated continuous seal end box gluing starts.
The carton follows the feeding conveyor movement to the gluing device and carton closure panel unit for sealing, then a cylinder pushes out the closed carton.
|Carton Size Range
|L100-280mm x W50-200mm x H30-100mm
|0.4mpa/4 bar/58 psi
|Glue Tank Temperature
|Glue Tank Capacity
|1800mm x 800mm x 1500mm
The following features fully reflect the cost-effectiveness of such a machine.
- Suitable for all types of seal end cartons/boxes;
- Carton/box size adjustable, wide compatibility;
- 1/3 glue consumption of manual box gluing;
- Stainless steel and aluminum alloy frame;
- Convenient movement with bottom casters;
- Extremely easy to operate in minutes;
- Fast carton sealing and high packaging efficiency.
Please follow the steps below to operate this intermittent motion hot melt glue carton sealing machine.
- After the electrical & air circuit safety and smoothness confirmation, connect the power supply and air source;
- Turn on the power switch and the machine will start to heat automatically (preset 180℃);
- Set the heating temperature according to the glue type and wait until the glue melts;
- Press the start button;
- Turn on the conveyor belt switch and place the carton containing the product into the guide chute of the conveyor;
- To complete the box sealing, the conveyor belt automatically transports the cartons through box gluing, closure panel folding, and box outputting devices.
If you plan to purchase such machines, you are welcome to contact us via email or WhatsApp.